Friday, July 18, 2008

Strawberry Pop Tarts

You know, superheroes like Girl America and Stars the Mighty aren't the only ones who like strawberry pop tarts.  Those of us stuck in cubicles with only florescent lighting to guide our days and nights like them too.  Why I can't even tell you how long it's been since I had a good strawberry or cherry pop tart, heated in a real toaster.  Sigh.  The thing about Superheroes...they get all the adventure, all the cool costumes, the great names, the gadgets, the dreamy boyfriends, the fans, cheese.  Heck, even the attention of a SuperVillain or an evil squirrel would almost be worth it compared to walking through life as a practical non-existent.  Who ever notices the woman in the suit?  No one.  And that's okay I guess.  I mean, honestly, I'm much too busy filing paperwork and meeting deadlines.  But you know, every now and again, it's nice to imagine you could be as cool as someone like Girl America and be on first name basis with Stars the Mighty.  But I guess some are destined to be Superheroes, some Sidekicks, some Team Members or Scientists, some Villians, and some of us the Rescueds or Nonexists Until Needed for Plot Advancement or Flashy Hero Action. 

Still, on a positive note, at least maybe I'd get to meet Girl America or Stars the Mighty and get an autograph.  I am starting a collection to see how many heroes I can get autographs from after getting rescued.  So far I've only managed to get some minor Sidekick pics like Boy Amazing or Blue Ring or Taffy Man, but I've got goals.  Some day, I will meet Stars the Mighty.  How amazingly cool will that be?

Flynn Brightwing

No comments:

Post a Comment